This autumn, Art Hub Copenhagen is inviting three artists to be artists-in-residence at Art Hubs premises in Copenhagen. The residency lasts for four months from September to December 2022.
Applications are now being accepted for Art Hub Residency 2022. The deadline for applications is Sunday 10 April 2022.
Below, you can read more about the programme and the criteria for selection as well as the application procedure.
Art Hub values diversity very highly. Therefore, we encourage everyone regardless of ethnicity, gender, identity, and sexuality to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!
ABOUT ART HUB RESIDENCY
Art Hub Residency is both for recently graduated artists and others, for whom the residency programme could make a difference in terms of establishing and expanding their practice nationally and internationally. The residency lasts for four months from September to December 2022.
Focusing on networking, contemplation and production, Art Hub Residency features a studio, a monthly fee, a production budget and a programme of development and feedback based on the needs of each individual artist.
As an institution, Art Hub aims to create networks. The residency actively aims to create and expand the artists’ networks both nationally and internationally. The programme features meetings with selected curators/mentors and a programme of visits to selected art institutions in Denmark.
As well as the importance of networking, Art Hub Residency provides artists with time for contemplation and/or production. There is no requirement to produce work during the residency the time can thus be tailored to suit the process of each artist. It might involve research and studies, trying out ideas or actual production. There is also the option of a short stay at the Danish Art Workshops (by appointment).
One of the requirements of the programme is that, during their residency, each artist must present their practice, research, work or project to the public. The form of presentation is up to the artist. It could be a talk, a podcast, a video, a text, a viewing, a performance or something completely different. We shape and organise the presentations in collaboration with each individual artist.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Graduates of art schools who are Nordic citizens or based in a Nordic country (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, The Faroe Islands, Greenland and The Åland Islands) and either in possession of a permanent residence permit or entitled in some other way to reside in Denmark for a period of four months. Both recent artist graduates and other artists, who could benefit from the programme, can apply. Age is not a factor.
We encourage everyone, regardless of ethnicity, gender, identity and sexuality, to apply.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
- For most of the residency period, we expect you to be present at Art Hub’s premises on Halmtorvet in Copenhagen. Any travel plans etc. during the period must be agreed on in advance.
- Together with the Art Hub team, you must plan and execute a presentation that conveys and communicates your work to the public.
- During the residency, you will attend monthly meetings with Jacob Fabricius (Director of Art Hub) and Marie Braad Larsen (Project Manager).
- You will take part in a programme of visits to selected institutions throughout Denmark. (Two days in mid-October.)
- As far as possible, you must take part in the presentation/public events of the other artists-in-residence.
- Together with Jacob Fabricius and Marie Braad Larsen, you must take part in the selection of relevant mentors/curators.
- You must understand and accept that your residency will be featured on the Art Hub website and in our newsletter and social media.
WHAT THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES
- A studio in Art Hub’s premises on Halmtorvet in Copenhagen (due to their size, the studios are not suitable for large-scale production).
- A fee of DKK 15,000 per month.
- DKK 15,000 for production.
- 2-4 meetings with relevant mentors (selected by the individual artist in consultation with Jacob Fabricius and Marie Braad Larsen)
- 2-4 meetings with relevant curators (selected by the individual artist in consultation with Jacob Fabricius and Marie Braad Larsen)
- A two-day programme of visits to selected institutions throughout Denmark.
- Continuous professional feedback and advice. This includes monthly meetings with Jacob Fabricius and Marie Braad Larsen.
- Presentation of the practice of the artists-in-residence on the Art Hub website and in the newsletter and social media.
- A presentation/public event.
- The option of a short stay at the Danish Art Workshops.
- The option of feedback from Lars Bang Larsen (Art Hub’s other director).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, complete this application form (right click on the link and select ‘Open link in new tab’, then select download. The form is a Word file). Complete the form in English.
Send the completed form together with CV including contact information (max. 1 A4 page) and images, including short descriptions (max. 4 A4 pages), as a single PDF file of no more than 5 MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write ‘Art Hub Residency’ in the subject line.
Application deadline: midnight on Sunday 10 April 2022.
All applications will be reviewed by a jury of artistic professionals. In collaboration with Art Hub, they will select the final candidates for Art Hub Residency.
The programme coordinator/project manager Marie Braad Larsen will take care of the day-to-day running of Art Hub Residency and throughout the programme will also serve as a contact person for the artists-in-residence.
If you have any questions about the residency, please write to Maria Braad Larsen at email@example.com
Art Hub Residency is supported by: