For this autumn, Art Hub invites three artists to participate in a residency at Halmtorvet in Copenhagen. As something new, we are offering an extensive development program with a focus on network formation, in-depth elaboration, production, and communication.
Applications are now being accepted for the autumn program, which runs from August to and including December 2021. The deadline for applications is Monday, 10 May 2021 at 12 noon.
Below, you can read more about the program and the criteria for selection as well as the application procedure.
Art Hub values diversity very highly. Therefore, we encourage everyone regardless of ethnicity, gender, identity, and sexuality to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application.
ART HUB RESIDENCY
Art Hub is first and foremost a networking institution. We believe that the connections a residency can create are meaningful for an artist’s career. Moreover, Art Hub focus on accommodating time for each artist to immersive in their individual practice. In addition, an important goal is to provide every resident with tools that strengthen the communication of their practice.
Therefore, Art Hub’s residency program is structured by the following three focus areas:
It is very important that applicants are aware of the program for which they are applying. You will find the complete description of the program here.
The Art Hub Residency includes:
- A studio at Halmtorvet in which to work and experiment without any requirements to produce works. Due to their size, the studios are not suitable for large productions but for research and desk work.
- An overall fee of DKK 75,000 divided into five payments of DKK 15,000 each, falling at the end of each month. In addition, there will be a starting payment of DKK 15,000 for production costs, assigned by agreement.
- An extensive development program, orchestrated and developed by Art Hub’s artistic adviser Mette Woller.
- An opportunity for a short-term residence at the Danish Art Workshops.
This autumn, artists who are an EU/EEA citizen, a Nordic citizen og a citizen of Switzerland can apply. The residency program is for visual artists whose practice has a certain weight and activity and where Art Hub’s program will be able to help expand and further establish the artist’s practice on a national as well as on an international level.
The program is for both newly-educated artists and for artists, where the residency program in other ways will be able to provide them with new, inspiring directions. Age is not of importance.
Art Hub residents agree to become a part of the residency program as presented. It is expected that the artists will spend their working days at Art Hub and will participate in all the program’s planned meetings, conversations, and events. However, it is possible to plan short journeys and attend to other duties of a work nature during the residency.
Program planning will take place in conversations between the resident, artistic advisor, and Art Hub’s project leader. The first introductory meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 16 June 2021. The selected artists will meet with artistic advisor Mette Woller and project leader about program planning and expectations alignment.
You application to Art Hub must contain:
- A completed application form in English via this link (click right and open a new tab to download)
- A CV of no more than 1 page
- 3-5 A4 pages of visual materials with brief descriptions of each project.
These three items must be sent together in a PDF format of no more than 20 MB to email@example.com
Art Hub will handle your personal information confidentially and in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 10 May 2021 at 12 noon.
A response may be expected within three weeks.
All applications submitted will be read and assessed by a competent, professional jury consisting of:
- Awa Konaté curator, researcher and director of Culture Art Society (CAS)
- Stefanie Hessler curator, writer and director of Kunsthall Trondheim, Norway
- Mette Woller, curator and artistic advisor at Art Hub.
If you have any questions, please contact project leader Marie Braad Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org